Suitcase shelves photo

Suitcase shelves photo

Tuesday, 31 December 2013

Predicting the future? Li Edelkoort

I've just come across Li Edelkoort for the first time today, though I'm sure Odette must know her already (she's Dutch).

Her website describes the agency thus: "Studio Edelkoort, established in Paris in 1991, is a creative, artistic and operational think-tank on an international level. Relying on its expertise in matters of trend forecasting and market study, Studio Edelkoort has developed made-to-measure services and offers an original, rhythmic, sensitive, generous and humanistic approach. Thought and analysis nourish intuition and creation".

I didn't like some of the language they use (Studio Edelkoort's 'field of action'), but I guess this is normal for such a company, but just thought it might be interesting to keep an eye on their 'trend tablet' (yuck!).

Here are a couple of links:

Studio Edelkoort  and Trendtablet (the website looks good, interesting and easy and fast to find your way around - and there's a section on Japan which I'm sure will interest J & O).

1 comment:

  1. Interesting stuff -



























































    I just took a quick look at the trend tablet (Li Edelkoort's own site seems to be down at the moment). I really like the still life stuff. And, by coincidence, I read about Christo in Oberhausen for the first time yesterday. Love (presumably) Christo's sketches of the installation. I'll come back to this when I have more time. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete